Ishpeming @ Westwood

Conference talk for WestPAC B teams. Bark River-Harris, Gwinn, Ishpeming, Lake Linden-Hubbell, Manistique, Munising, Norway, and West Iron County

Moderator: Moderator Group

Ishpeming @ Westwood

Postby NeonDeion21 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Probably going to be the game of the year in Marquette County. The Patriots haven't beaten the Hematites on the gridiron since 1998. Coach Syrjala is a Westwood alum and a strong seed from the Jeff Olson coaching tree so I'm sure he wI'll have his kids ready and very hungry. Going to be a one hell of a game.
Hematites-20
Patriots- 18
NeonDeion21
Yooper Freak

Re: Ishpeming @ Westwood

Postby tdh74 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

On paper this looks to be a really good game, but I think that Ishpeming has too much talent at too many different positions. Their defense has been very good up front this season and I don't see Westwood's backs being able to do too much between the tackles. Ishpeming has a lot of talent in their backfield that we haven't seen too much of yet. Either way, we can talk all we want, but they still have to go out and play the game. I hope the weather is great and that both teams bring it!
Ishpeming-34
Westwood-12
tdh74
UP Fan

Postby upfootball » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:27 pm

This should be a fun game. Neighbors, rivals, good teams. Don't take this stuff for granted. Its rare these days up here.
upfootball
Founder

Postby HSFB Fan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 am

upfootball wrote:This should be a fun game. Neighbors, rivals, good teams. Don't take this stuff for granted. Its rare these days up here.

Almost like there used to be a Negaunee/Marquette rivalry....

***Sorry...had to send a zinger***
HSFB Fan
UP Football Guru

Return to Western Peninsula Athletic Conference - Iron