Week Three in the Iron

Conference talk for WestPAC B teams. Bark River-Harris, Gwinn, Ishpeming, Lake Linden-Hubbell, Manistique, Munising, Norway, and West Iron County

Moderator: Moderator Group

Week Three in the Iron

Postby AlgerBruh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am

Should be another good week of competitive football in WPAC Iron.

As far as the conference race goes, I still think that West Iron has the best chance of winning. When I saw them in action they looked like a complete team with good line play and talent at skill positions. Ishpeming is off to a good start record wise and its hard to ever bet against a culture of winning like they have had recently, but obviously the coaching change has to be taken into account. Lake Linden and Bark River can both clearly put up some points so they will likely remain towards the top of the conference all year. Manistique is as competitive as they have been in a long while and thats an awesome thing for those kids over there. Congrats to them on snapping there losing streak last week. We will know more about Norway following their home game against Ishpeming this week, but they played pretty solid defense against Munising last week. Munising obviously is yet to win a conference game this season, but they are breaking in a new offensive system this year and if they clean up some of their mistakes they will have the ability to be competitive. They will have their hands full this Saturday at Bark River tho.

My picks for the games this week in the conference are as follows:
Friday
Lake Linden-Hubbell (1-1) at Gwinn (0-2)
Ishpeming (2-0) at Norway (1-1)
Manistique (1-1) at West Iron County (2-0)
Saturday
Munising (0-2) at Bark River-Harris (1-1)

What are some of y'alls thoughts on the conference and the games this week?
AlgerBruh
UP Fan

Return to Western Peninsula Athletic Conference - Iron