Week Seven: Will WIC-ISH game decide the conference?

Conference talk for WestPAC B teams. Bark River-Harris, Gwinn, Ishpeming, Lake Linden-Hubbell, Manistique, Munising, Norway, and West Iron County

Moderator: Moderator Group

Week Seven: Will WIC-ISH game decide the conference?

Postby AlgerBruh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:01 am

My picks for the conference games this week

Manistique (2-4) at Bark River-Harris (4-2): Manistique is fresh off their second win of the season and are really building some positive momentum program wide. Credit to all of those kids. I expect this one to be close, give me the emeralds in the upset by a two point conversion. MANO 22- BRH 20

Norway (1-5) at Gwinn (0-6): Gwinn has come so close to getting into the win column this season that it almost feels like it has to happen eventually. I like the Modeltowners to get the win over the knights this week at home. NOR 24 - GWINN 32

Lake Linden-Hubbell (3-3) at Munising (0-6): Lake-Linden has shown that their offense can put up points. Unfortunately, for the Mustangs they have really struggled to keep pace with other teams offenses. Munising has kept games close for the first half of most of their games, but the limited number of players really hurts this team in the second half. Unless I miss my guess, this one will be close early, but LLH pulls away late. LLH 30 - MUN 7

West Iron County (5-1) at Ishpeming (4-2): Both these teams enter this week seven game with undefeated conference records. Whichever team manages to pull this one out likely has a leg up on winning the conference with only two games remaining. Additionally, WIC would secure a playoff berth with a win and Ishpeming gets one game closer to that magical six win mark if they pull this one out. My feeling on this one is that WIC has looked like the better team, but its hard to bet against Ishpeming especially at home. I am going to anyways as I am taking WIC to win by two scores. WIC 22 - ISH 12

Anyone else have thoughts on the WIC-ISH game?

Good Luck to all teams this week
AlgerBruh
UP Fan

Re: Week Seven: Will WIC-ISH game decide the conference?

Postby yoopernib2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Ishpeming has one problem this year the lack of pass defense, Gwinn knew it and WIC knows it, if a team can pass Ishpeming can be beat.
yoopernib2
Yooper Freak

Postby staylowanddrive » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:08 am

Manistique over BR-H. That defense has been lights out except against Westwood.
Norway over Gwinn. Knights come back late
LL-H over munising. Mustangs ought to pull Jv up
Ishpeming over WIC. While hematites struggle with speed, WIC doesn’t have enough

Obvious game of the week is in Ishpeming, but manistique might be third place team and looking to win out
staylowanddrive
New to Board

Postby yoopernib2 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:55 pm

staylowanddrive wrote:Manistique over BR-H. That defense has been lights out except against Westwood.
Norway over Gwinn. Knights come back late
LL-H over munising. Mustangs ought to pull Jv up
Ishpeming over WIC. While hematites struggle with speed, WIC doesn’t have enough

Obvious game of the week is in Ishpeming, but manistique might be third place team and looking to win out

Go get a lottery ticket after picking Ishpeming over WIC!! 28-0 didn't see that one, glad I was wrong
yoopernib2
Yooper Freak

Return to Western Peninsula Athletic Conference - Iron