2020 west pac iron preview

Conference talk for WestPAC B teams. Bark River-Harris, Gwinn, Ishpeming, Lake Linden-Hubbell, Manistique, Munising, Norway, and West Iron County

Moderator: Moderator Group

2020 west pac iron preview

Postby staylowanddrive » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Teams out of league: Munising and Lake Linden Hubble
Teams shifted to iron: Gogebic
Schedule is all six teams plus three crossovers.

Initial assessment based on last year finish
Ishpeming—how much does “the program” matter because they lose almost everybody
West iron—good pieces coming back, should contend
Bark river Harris—deep and strong, should contend
Manistique—surprised a few last year, return a lot but not POY
Gwinn—replacing coach but have size and speed
Norway—good numbers and a strong JV, should be improved
Gogebic—looking for some Ws in smaller school competition.

I’m blindly opptimistic that football will be played and normal. Which teams/players should excite the west pac-iron fans?
staylowanddrive
New to Board

Re: 2020 west pac iron preview

Postby yoopernib2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:49 am

Just my take. Ishpeming—Now looking for a coach talent lacking, grade school team looked great Ishpeming has a few years before there back, with the right coaching. West iron—Good team could be great seems like the coach and school system doesn't mind the dirty play they are known for. Bark river Harris—Solid could make some noise. Manistique— When this team was in the JVs were very good expect them to do well. Gwinn—With the loss of what I think was a great coach Gwinn on a rebuild. Norway—Talk is Norway going 8-man in 2021 sad to see, i'd say better record than last year. Gogebic—Double the size of some schools in the Iron should win some games by attrition, hope numbers go up when the kids see their new schedule.
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru

Re: 2020 west pac iron preview

Postby staylowanddrive » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:24 am

With no scrimmages a few intriguing things pop up week one.

Gwinn and BRH probably return the most starters in the league and gwinn will have a new coach (new system?). How does not having tape on the new look modeltowners affect to broncos. Could be a very interesting opener

Also Gogebic plays west iron. In a sort of “relagation” game the miners drop down to the iron, but the wykons are still the class of Iron division so we may see the real gap between the divisions. If Gogebic can play with west iron, they may be in line for many more wins

Ishpeming at Manistique might be fun. New coach again for the Hematites and this might be a chance for competitiveness that the emeralds program needs.

I haven’t figured out who Norway plays week one yet. It will be a cross over, so the knights look to make a statement.

More previews coming, let’s play some football!!
staylowanddrive
New to Board

Return to Western Peninsula Athletic Conference - Iron