2019 season

Conference talk for the UP 8 Man Football East Conference. Brimley, Cedarville, Engadine, Pickford, Rapid River, Rudyard, and Superior Central

Moderator: Moderator Group

Re: Pickford

Postby Eagle Backer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:35 am

deerslayer wrote:After the barn-stompin last night, is there anyone that can stop Pickford?

Not sure u can tell how big a win that was until CFFP plays some other contenders.
"The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur." Vince Lombardi
Eagle Backer
All UP

Re: 2019 season

Postby Mr. NCAA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Ya well, I would think that would be less surprising than your Rapid River Pick going south...

Other than Brimley fans, how many people would have picked Brimley to beat Rapid River in game one? I think 99+% would have picked RR to win that game.

Powers North Central had a nice win over Cedarville.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby Eagle Backer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:34 am

Mr. NCAA wrote:
Ya well, I would think that would be less surprising than your Rapid River Pick going south...

Other than Brimley fans, how many people would have picked Brimley to beat Rapid River in game one? I think 99+% would have picked RR to win that game.

Powers North Central had a nice win over Cedarville.

Don't kid yourself, the Brimley fans did't see that coming either.... I and maybe the coach of one of the teams they scrimmaged thought it was possible.
"The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur." Vince Lombardi
Eagle Backer
All UP

Re: Pickford

Postby Eagle Backer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 am

deerslayer wrote:After the barn-stompin last night, is there anyone that can stop Pickford?

Apparently the answer is Yes.
Eagle Backer
All UP

Postby Mr. NCAA » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Although Pickford lost, it is just one game. In some of the computer ratings Pickford is still rated ahead of Bennie and the Jets. I did put Powers North Central at #1 in my subjective poll this week, but will have to see how the rest of the season goes. I might put Pickford back at #1 before the playoffs. Depending on future results I might see them winning the state championship. This would be like Clarkston having 5 turnovers against West Bloomfield during the regular season, meeting in the D1 state final, the Wolves cleaned up the turnover problem, and won the state championship.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby Eagle Backer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 am

Mr. NCAA wrote:Although Pickford lost, it is just one game. In some of the computer ratings Pickford is still rated ahead of Bennie and the Jets. I did put Powers North Central at #1 in my subjective poll this week, but will have to see how the rest of the season goes. I might put Pickford back at #1 before the playoffs. Depending on future results I might see them winning the state championship. This would be like Clarkston having 5 turnovers against West Bloomfield during the regular season, meeting in the D1 state final, the Wolves cleaned up the turnover problem, and won the state championship.

If I was Pickford I'd be more concerned that the Jets stopped their run game. That's their bread and butter and the real story is that they were forced to pass. If a future match up between those two flips winners, it will be because Pickford fixed the run, not because they got better at passing.
Eagle Backer
All UP

Postby tjays » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 am

Beside the fumble all the INT's came from targeting one guy in triple coverage with under thrown balls. You take away half the turn overs and Pickford wins this game.
tjays
UP Fan

Postby Eagle Backer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:47 pm

tjays wrote:Beside the fumble all the INT's came from targeting one guy in triple coverage with under thrown balls. You take away half the turn overs and Pickford wins this game.

Why did they throw into triple coverage?
Eagle Backer
All UP

Postby amped0808 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am

Eagle Backer wrote:
tjays wrote:Beside the fumble all the INT's came from targeting one guy in triple coverage with under thrown balls. You take away half the turn overs and Pickford wins this game.

Why did they throw into triple coverage?

Because their biggest threat was 6'7" and I assume was part of the basketball team. Still didn't matter one of the defenders managed to wrest one catch away from him for a INT.
2013 Wissports HOF Inductee
Wissports Message Board Moderator
Once a Warrior always a Warrior
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Captain_Joe08
amped0808
All UP

Postby Mayday35 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:27 am

Interesting scenario- They would have to win out but with the win over Gaylord St Mary could Pickford potentially host Powers NC in the playoffs?
Mayday35
UP Fan

Postby Eagle Backer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Mayday35 wrote:Interesting scenario- They would have to win out but with the win over Gaylord St Mary could Pickford potentially host Powers NC in the playoffs?

That was a huge win for their playoff seeding.
Eagle Backer
All UP

Postby FPinMN » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:49 pm

What are the odds Cedarville gets put into region 1 and Pickford gets the 1 Seed in Region 2?
FPinMN
All UP

Postby Eagle Backer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:26 am

FPinMN wrote:What are the odds Cedarville gets put into region 1 and Pickford gets the 1 Seed in Region 2?

really high... 90%
Eagle Backer
All UP

Previous

Return to Great Lakes Eight Conference - East