Please Read This!

Post articles from online media sources here. This is a good place to cut and paste article's from online newspapers. Make sure you read the rules for this.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Please Read This!

Postby upfootball » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:44 pm

I have created a special section here for cutting and pasting article's you may find from online newspapers and such. I really enjoy reading as many articles as I can get my hands on and this would really help a lot of people keep in touch with as many teams as possible. With that said I must give a few guidelines for doing this.

When cutting and pasting an article to this board, I would appreciate it if you could do the following:
1. Give credit to the author by including their name and when it was published.
2. Put a direct link to the article in your posting.

These things should be done because these people were paid by their employer to do this story. Their employer and the author should be credited with the story they were paid to do. I would also appreciate if most of the people who read the article would at least click on the link to visit the origin's site. The articles certainly were not put on their internet site to gain traffic for this site. They were put there so people would visit the site they belong to and keep their advertisers happy with all the traffic generated to that site. Newspapers do not put their newspaper on the internet for a hobby. It is a business.

If any of the media sites that have their articles posted here are not happy about it, I encourage them to contact me and I will comply with their wishes. If you run into some sites that say specifically on their site that they do not wish the articles be copied and posted elsewhere, please obey their wishes.

I am glad I got all this legal stuff out of the way. I hope some of you that had questions on this, understand a little more about it now.
upfootball
Founder

Return to Media Articles