Scheduling Controversy

Dedicated to all the rest of the Lower Peninsula teams.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Scheduling Controversy

Postby Up Football Fan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Look at this post on the MHSAA (posted Nov. 14th), regarding scheduling football games statewide.......

I have been a proponent of the MHSAA penalizing schools that "refuse" to play other schools (when those schools have the same open date), especially if those schools are of equal size. Forest Park for example was turned down by numerous Michigan schools this past year, one of which is Portland St. Patrick (now those teams are playing each other in the State Championship Game)

Too many schools are left without full schedules simply because teams whimp out and are in fear of losing to other schools. I say it's time for schools to man up and fill those open dates..........after all, their players only have 9 regular season weeks in which to play a game they love.............school A.D.'s need to be held accountable for not doing their jobs.........

Now, there is serious discussion by the MHSAA to step in and help schools fill those open dates...............and/or to even take control and do the scheduling for them

https://www.mhsaa.com/News/Blog-From-th ... ontroversy
Support your local school district.
Up Football Fan

Re: Scheduling Controversy

Postby upfootball » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

With way schools are cherry picking schedules..... I knew this would eventually happen.
upfootball
Founder

Return to Statewide Board