Marquette Head Coach

General board to discuss Upper Peninsula football.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Marquette Head Coach

Postby Hambone » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Dave L'Huillier has stepped down as head coach, any ideas who the replacement could be?
Hambone

Re: Marquette Head Coach

Postby Hambone » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:46 am

Also read last night that Bob Madigan has resigned at Norway. If you think being a head coach is easy, track the turnover in jobs every year you would be very surprised at how many change.
Hambone

Postby Up Football Fan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

Ham.......

Yes, I've noticed the amount of turnover as coaches also.........I have to believe there is one huge issue that leads to most of these:

Out of control parents and fans.

I can't stand being at games where I hear so many parents and fans complaining that their "Johnny" isn't getting enough playing time.......and/or is being used in the wrong position....or whatever....

Same issue as to why so many game referees in many sports are hanging it up.
Support your local school district.
Up Football Fan

Postby Hambone » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 pm

I can't disagree with anything you've stated. There are guys officiating games who were doing it when I played in the early 80's.

The other issue with coaching turnover is it's now a full-time job, once the season is over you have a couple of weeks to regroup and get right back in the weight room, going to clinics, and preparing for the next season. Many coach other sports as well. There is no summer vacation for a football coach. The pay in Michigan and Wisconsin isn't even fair for the time commitment coaches put.
Hambone

Return to Upper Peninsula Board