Escanaba @ GRCC Regionals 2018

Conference talk for the Great Northern teams. Gladstone, Escanaba, Kingsford, Marquette, and Menominee

Moderator: Moderator Group

Escanaba @ GRCC Regionals 2018

Postby GNCrocks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:32 am

Escanaba vs the Evil Empire Part III is scheduled for Saturday 12:00pm at the Death Star.

All kidding aside..Updates, fun facts, and predictions soon to come.
GNCrocks
All UP

Re: Escanaba @ GRCC Regionals 2018

Postby yoopernib2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:54 pm

GNCrocks wrote:Escanaba vs the Evil Empire Part III is scheduled for Saturday 12:00pm at the Death Star.

All kidding aside..Updates, fun facts, and predictions soon to come.

Good one GNCrocks I felt the same way when we would end up playing Traverse City Saint Francis!! Took us 4 losses to finally conquer that Evil Empire. Go get um Eskimos!!!!!!!!
yoopernib2
Yooper Freak

Postby GNCrocks » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:30 am

In the last 2 years the Eskymos have been eliminated from the Playoffs by GRCC.
First in 2016 @ GRCC in the regionals, then in 2017 @ Traverse City in the semi finals. Here we are again 2018, in the regionals and by a slim margin (lets call it 3 yards) GRCC gets home field again in the regionals. Why 3 yards. If Escanaba had stopped Marquette's 2-pt conversion in OT, this game would be in Escanaba. But those are the what if's here is what we know:
- GRCC is the 2 time defending Div 4 State Champion
- GRCC did get its first loss since October 2016 (west catholic) by losing to Divison 1 Saline in week 2.
- The forms out there do not seem to be as high up on GRCC this year as in year's past; However, they look to be in same form.
- Escanaba on turn beat a big, fast, large TC Central team in week 8 and damn near played a perfect game.

That game alone is what drives the hopes in the Eskymo fans...if THAT Escanaba team shows up, they may just catch GRCC looking ahead to Edwardsburg.

The last 2 years the Eskymos got SHUT out on offense, but in every game this year teams have found weak spots and times in GRCC's defense to drive and score.

Don't let the last 2 Eskymo wins scare you off, they teams they played were hard hitting, fast, and on very poor field conditions, especially in Alma (that game should have been moved/played at Alma College) the field was a joke.
This team has guts, spirit and will play to the end. They need that TCC perect game, and a little help form GRCC thinking "Oh its just Escanaba again, we got this"...

Escanaba has done two things well to prepare for this game. 1. Their schedule, 2. The way the adjust over the course of a game to find what works...

Hope scores....
Eskymos 14
GRCC 28
GNCrocks
All UP

Postby Kinsers » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 am

Watched the Alma game on video stream last week. Haven’t had any luck locating a video stream for today’s game. Is anybody aware if it’s going to be streaming today?
Kinsers
UP Football Guru

Postby Chavez » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:26 pm

MaxPreps reporting Esky down 21-0 at the half.
It takes 5 seconds - 5 seconds of decision; 5 seconds to realize your purpose here on the planet; it takes 5 seconds to realize that it's time to move, it's time to get down with it. I give you a testimonial - THE MC5!
Chavez
All UP

Postby Kinsers » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:32 pm

ESKY had first and goal at the one yard line in the final minute of the half and couldn’t punch it in. Very bad sequence there and was probably the only shot they had to make it a game.
Kinsers
UP Football Guru

Postby larrrs » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Saw it was 35-6 GRCC again destroying Escanaba. You cant compete against a private school that can recruit players to their school.

That is also the final score of the game 35-6 GRCC moving on
larrrs
All UP

Postby GNCrocks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Can you not listen to the game on WYKX free streaming?

I am on the road but I will post my end-of-season thoughts tomorrow. But I will say this...Craig Kamin should be the u p player of the year.
GNCrocks
All UP

Postby GNCrocks » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Final Thoughts on GRCC/Esky Game:

Despite the score I thought this game was more competitive than 2017, 2016.
GRCC's first possion and 3/4 plays in Esky gets an INT and marches down the field well, eventually turned away.
Down only 14-0 and on GRCC"s 3 yard line, looking at making it 14-7 going into half and then getting the ball at half.

Iam happy for Coach Howes and Craig Kamin, he was absolutely the right choice for player of the year, I've not seen a tougher player in a long long time. That kid took beatings and lead his team in games and wins that could have been loses.

Now on to the 2019 scheduling mess...
GNCrocks
All UP

Postby yooper1314 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 pm

How come the above comment has the part about the loud music being played at the wrong time deleted. Just wondering
yooper1314
UP Fan

Return to Great Northern Conference