GNC 2019 - Week 7

Conference talk for the Great Northern teams. Gladstone, Escanaba, Kingsford, Marquette, and Menominee

Moderator: Moderator Group

GNC 2019 - Week 7

Postby GNCrocks » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Week 6 is in the books and in the History books as well. The Escanaba/Menominee game had craziness. So did Soo/Gladstone with Gladstone looking impressive on Defense. The Flivvers bounced back and got some somthing going, and Marquette loses to a turf team at home in a close one. This upcoming week will end or continue a lot of teams seasons.

Red Wing (MN) @ Kingsford:
The Flivvers got what they needed last week, a much needed home win and some confidence. They get to build on that again this weekend, which could put Kingsford in a spot to win out and get a playoff spot at the end of the season. Esp with Class A point possibilities coming in Week 9 vs. Marquette. To have any shot they need this week to clean up any lasting issues they have, as they will have to play perfect in week 8 vs Menominee. I don't know about cleaning up what they need to but they get the momentum boost with a home win here. Redwing has struggled putting points on the board and have had a defense that is giving up a lot. This should look like last week's win.
Wingers 7
Flivvers 35

Menominee @ Marquette:
The Redmen mystery continues. They needed to win last week and could not find to hold on to a lead last week vs Alpena. Menominee is going to be hungry after the home loss to the Eskymos last Thursday, a game they came out beat up a little bit, so should be interesting where they go on the ground game this week. I think the Redmen Defense has looked good at times but I think Menominee's run scheme is going to just be too much for the Redmen and Menominee all but gets into the playoffs with a Class A points win here, and they get ready for Kingsford.
Maroons 27
Redmen 14

Gladstone @ Escanaba:

Escanaba will be out their Head Coach as Coach Howes got the boot last week for calling out officials (Correctly) on their bush league antics last week in Menominee. The Coaching staff should be fine calling his wishes vs his alma mater. The Braves got a win they both needed for this season but for their program. But at times traded punts too many times with the Blue Devils. Gladstone's defense has looked good on the LOS at times but then against good teams have been pushed around. Escanaba has a tendency to play down to their opponents, but if the 2nd half effort at Menominee I don't know many teams in the state could have beat that 2nd half team. But then there is the Marquette game Eskymos that show up as well. Rivalry game makes me spooked to call a big win for the home team here as history has seen good 8/7 win Eskymo teams lose to Gladstone right here. The home team gets the win but the Braves make them earn it for a while.
Eskymos 27
Braves 14
GNCrocks
All UP

Return to Great Northern Conference