Escanaba

Conference talk for the Great Northern teams. Gladstone, Escanaba, Kingsford, Marquette, and Menominee

Moderator: Moderator Group

Escanaba

Postby 80's_Guy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:05 pm

I thought they were out until Marquette next week, but it looks as if they are playing Iron Mountain this week (10-9). This year makes zero sense to me anymore.
80's_Guy
UP Fan

Re: Escanaba

Postby Hueby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm

I dropped in on rrnsports the other day and saw the players were rallying to let the administration let them play. Must be why.
Hueby
All UP

Postby u.p.power » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Trying to understand iron moutian could 'nt play Menominee last week a class c school because of not of lack of players but have players this week to play a class b team this week something kind of fishy.
u.p.power
UP Football Guru

Postby ftballfan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Escanaba was supposed to be traveling to Ludington this week. AFAIK, Ludington hasn't found a replacement game.
ftballfan
UP Football Guru

Postby Up Football Fan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:59 pm

ftballfan wrote:Escanaba was supposed to be traveling to Ludington this week. AFAIK, Ludington hasn't found a replacement game.

Apparently Esky jumped the gun. Informed Ludington that it was ok for the Orioles to look for a different game if they like. Orioles quickly hooked up a game with Wyoming Godwin Heights (who would have had an easy forfeit win over Grandville Calvin Christian which cancelled it's season before it even began).

Esky "assumed" that Iron Mountain would love want to play the Eskimos..........only thing, no one asked Iron Mountain.

What a mess.................Now, Esky has no game at all for this week while Iron Mountain lost out on a chance to line up a game against Rogers City (which ended up getting a game against Harbor Beach).

Iron Mountain most likely gets another forfeit win (3 so far on the year) again this week. It's definately 2020.
Support your local school district.
Up Football Fan

Postby upfootball » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Not sure why IM scheduled that game with Esky. I find it hard to believe they ever seriously thought they would play it when it was certain they would only have 13-14 kids available. Nobody in the IM area ever thought that game was going to happen. Hopefully they did not mislead Esky.

The real mess is what the MHSAA is doing with forfeits during this. Teams like IM are rescheduling games and then unable to play them because of a variety of reasons and still getting awarded forfeits for the first game, while the MHSAA ignores the second game they scheduled and cancelled. So Esky gets nothing even though IM cancelled on them. Its wild. That's why I have not been counting any games as forfeits on this page. I am just keeping track of games played. I have no idea what the MHSAA is doing with all the rescheduling stuff. Doesn't make a lot of sense and doesn't seem consistent.
upfootball
Founder

Postby yoopernib2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:05 pm

Sorry pulled my post I was off the mark i'll blame it on the covid quarantine im in... LOL
Last edited by yoopernib2 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoopernib2
UP Football Guru

Postby Scoopfan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:24 am

So IM is out of the playoffs then since they will play a maximum 3 games, short of the minimum 4 to qualify. I'm surprised they didn't give it a go this week regardless of their numbers knowing what was on the line.
Scoopfan
UP Fan

Postby longball » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:32 am

Sure, why not "give it a go" it's only a pandemic that is spreading fast thru the UP. But no big deal, I mean it is high school football, play!! :shock:
longball
UP Football Guru

Postby upfootball » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Longball. We get it. You hate everyone playing. Move on..
upfootball
Founder

Postby Up Football Fan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Scoopfan wrote:So IM is out of the playoffs then since they will play a maximum 3 games, short of the minimum 4 to qualify. I'm surprised they didn't give it a go this week regardless of their numbers knowing what was on the line.

Not true...............MHSAA has revised their stance on number of games to be played in order to qualify for the playoffs (anyway, each forfeit win for Iron Mountain counts as a game played anyway as far as the MHSAA is concerned).
Support your local school district.
Up Football Fan

Return to Great Northern Conference