Moss to Vikings?

Discuss anything about the National Football League. Fantasy Football talk also welcome here.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Moss to Vikings?

Postby Amasaman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 pm

The ESPN ticker is saying New England and Minnesota are trying to work out a trade to send Randy Moss back to the Vikings.

Personally I hope it happens, the Vikes win the Super Bowl, Ted Thompson gets fired and Favre has the last laugh!!! :shock:
Remembering all veterans, especially those 99 on eternal patrol aboard the USS Scorpion SSN-589.
Amasaman
All UP

Re: Moss to Vikings?

Postby yooper power » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Amasaman wrote:The ESPN ticker is saying New England and Minnesota are trying to work out a trade to send Randy Moss back to the Vikings.

Personally I hope it happens, the Vikes win the Super Bowl, Ted Thompson gets fired and Favre has the last laugh!!! :shock:

Now your starting to sound like my boss. :lol:
Yooper playoff motto when playing the trolls:"You Take On One Yooper Team You Got Us All"
"2630 Never to be broken"
yooper power
All UP

Postby tbsgc2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Amasaman wrote:The ESPN ticker is saying New England and Minnesota are trying to work out a trade to send Randy Moss back to the Vikings.

Why would this get Thompson fired? That makes zero sense. Thompson might be hard to like, but he has done a good job since taking over. The team saw there talent level drop drastically during Mike Sherman's tenure as GM...the talent level from top to bottom is much better since TT got hired. He has made some mistakes, but overall as a Packers fan I am happy with the job he has done.
tbsgc2
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:32 pm

tbsgc2 wrote:Why would this get Thompson fired?

Well I'm glad you're happy with him.

When the Pack faces the Vikes and "Favre to Moss" lights up the scoreboard, people will remember that Favre wanted Moss in GB, but Ted turned it down. For what? A fourth round draft pick, that's what. Oh yeah, then he traded Favre away too.

And when the Vikes go to the SB and "Favre to Moss" lights up the scoreboard, people will be remembering this, that the Pack could be playing in the SB with Favre and Moss and everybody else that Ted has brought in to make it "HIS" team, 5 years ago, mind you.

All speculation, of course.

Yet in those 5 years the Pack still has a crappy o-line, and no running back or running game to support the rest of the offense. Does the name Allen Barbre ring a bell? Breno Giacomini? Oh yeah, half the O-line he drafted aren't even on the team and the other half ride the pines. Clifton and Tauscher are old, slow and beat up yet nobody can beat them out of a job, and it will only get worse as the season goes on. Clifton is already hobbled.

And this is virtually the same offense they had when Favre was in GB in 2007. Favre carried the team for the first half of the season when they had no running game and gave them a 13-3 record. Thompson hasn't improved on that at all. To a man they might be better, but as a team they are not.

And where in the hell did he find that punter? I think Jon Ryan is having a pretty good career in Seattle nowadays, isn't he? 2009 Pro Bowler wasn't he? But not with the Packers!!!

Thompson is seriously ticking me off. Marshawn Lynch was traded from Buffalo to Seattle. Why couldn't Thompson wheel and deal for him? Rodgers is complaining about the play calling and scheme in the Lions game... no duh!!! because they have no O-line and running game. The special teams stink, except for Crosby, who has vastly improved after last year, I'll give him (Crosby, not Ted) that much, so far, until he starts missing again. They lose to an inferior Bears team and only beat the Lions by two points....come on man!! It's the LIONS for crying out loud!!! It should have been a blowout.

And of course Justin Harrell is out for the season, (injured again!) he should have been cut last year. He was injured when he was drafted, need I remind you? Then they play Sitton on the defensive line in short yardage situations because they only have 3 d-linemen worthy of being on the field. WHAT? Where's Aaron Kampman??? Oh, yeah, he left, too.

Yes, I'm frustrated with the Packers and Thompson. If I didn't bleed Green and Gold I'd have quit watching them altogether just like I quit watching basketball and baseball years ago! I don't even watch the game live. I DVR it and watch it when I feel like it. The Pack just isn't back in my book.

There is a few very promising young players, Rodgers, Mathews, Finley, Jennings and Ted did get Woodson, Pickett and Capers and Greene to coach as well but overall, Thompson won't be remembered for any of them unless the Pack wins the SB. And if they play like they did against the Lions and Bears, fat chance of that happening. The fans will grow tired of mediocre output and losing to the Vikes, or whomever beats GB in the first round this year, and there will be no excuses with all this "talent" on the team, and Ted will be fired.

Make sense?
Remembering all veterans, especially those 99 on eternal patrol aboard the USS Scorpion SSN-589.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Moose » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Yeah and I think that Seattle gave up a 4th rounder for lynch. Would have been easy to match and beat that. All TT knows is drafting other than that he doesnt make the moves.

Also, as of right now there are no talks and the trade is not for sure.
Walrack - Boddy wouldn't change the defense to a 4-3 where they could utilize my natural playmaking abilities as a roaming free safety, woulda won states if he woulda listened.
Moose
All UP

Postby Hambone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:00 pm

Lynch has two arrests since he has been in the NFL, TT always stays away from guys like that. Justin Harrell has been a colossal bust. The Packer had to get let Aaron Kampmann go, he had no business playing linebacker in the 3-4 set they now run. He looked as out of place as Amasaman would wearing a Wykon jersey.
Hambone

Postby Amasaman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Lynch went for two undisclosed picks, reportedly a 4th and another yet to be determined, probably based on his performance.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Hambone wrote:Lynch has two arrests since he has been in the NFL, TT always stays away from guys like that. Justin Harrell has been a colossal bust. The Packer had to get let Aaron Kampmann go, he had no business playing linebacker in the 3-4 set they now run. He looked as out of place as Amasaman would wearing a Wykon jersey.

Oh, and Johnny Jolly was a saint? Wasn't he busted before he was drafted for something pretty stupid and I think Quarless has a history of underage drinking arrests and partying as well.

The Packers didn't have to let Kampman go, he left on his own because the Packers misused his talent....Talent they could use now because of the current linebacking corp would have put Kampman back on the line where he excelled.

But then again, if he was still around, Zombo may have never made the team.

ZOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Hambone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Jolly's arrest and suspension for the codeine incident in Texas happened after he was in the league a couple of years. Lynch has arrests for domestic violence and I believe a gun charge, that's a little different than an underage drinking ticket.

Kampmann is too small to play every down as a lineman in the 3-4. Zombo hopefully will run AJ Hawk out of town.
Hambone

Postby Moose » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 am

Sounds like the Moss trade is more or likely going to happen.
Walrack - Boddy wouldn't change the defense to a 4-3 where they could utilize my natural playmaking abilities as a roaming free safety, woulda won states if he woulda listened.
Moose
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 am

I could have sworn that Jolly had an issue in college? Pot maybe? I could be confusing him with somebody else from another Texas school the Packers were looking at, or did, draft.

Lynch hit a drunk chick dancing in the street, more like bumped into her, did no real physical damage to her, left the scene, most likely after she allowed him to, and was practically crucified because of it. No fault of his, and varying accounts of what exactly happened made it difficult to pursue serious criminal charges. Her lawyer wouldn't even take the civil case against him. He plead out to $100 fine for a minor misdemeanor and loss of his license for a year.

His domestic dispute with his girlfriend was another case blown out of proportion by her, she even went as far as illegally obtaining the PPO against him. Yet again, he is the star with the money so people went after him. No charges, no arrest, due to "grave inconsistencies" with her testimony. In other words, she lied.

The gun charge was nothing short of ludicrous. We have a 2nd Amendment in this country! But since it was in Commiefornia, they don't really recognize the constitution any more, so he was arrested. Most of the charges were dropped.
Some other states and he would have been OK. Probably could have a CCW, but not in Commiefornia. He was more guilty of hanging around with the wrong crowd, they were smoking pot, and he got arrested for the gun. Again, it's OK to smoke dope in Commiefornia, but not carry a gun. Nice!

I say, wrong place, wrong time for Lynch. Now it's wrong team, wrong time for the Pack. He could have helped rather cheaply, even if only for this year. Everybody has skeletons in their closet to a certain extent, Lynch's aren't that big of a deal. Maybe a change of venue would have made Lynch into the back that the Packers almost drafted in the first place.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Hambone » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 am

I share your opionions on both Jolly and Lynch. Ted Thompson, however, is so conservative he will not take any chances on guys with questionable backgrounds. I truly believe that is why Randy Moss never ended up in a Packer uniform when Favre all but had a deal done. There hasn't been a big signing in free agency since Reggie White hit town during the Ron Wolf era as GM, that frustrates the hell out of me.
Hambone

Postby Amasaman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 am

Forgetting about Woodson? He is a pretty big deal, especially since he was supposed to be washed up, at the end of his career with an injury, and didn't really want to come to GB.

It may not be as big a deal as White for the NFL, who was in the prime of his career, and set the tone for free agency around the league, but still extremely high up there as far as GB and Ted Thompson goes.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 am

Moss to Vikings for a third round pick. Done deal!

I might have to start rooting for the Vikings! I've got a soft spot in my heart for Favre and they seem to recognize the deficiencies they have and make an attempt to correct them to improve themselves immediately.

I could see myself in a Vikings #4 jersey before I see myself in a Wykons jersey.

Ewwwwww! it doesn't look good! :lol:
Last edited by Amasaman on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Hambone » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:51 am

I braincramped on Woodson, I'm frustrated that TT never looks to may a splash in free agency by signing a bigtime offensive lineman to replace some of the guys on the line that are getting older. I'm hoping Bulaga is ready to go soon.
Hambone

Postby Moose » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 am

Well this should shake things up a bit in the NFC North. Neither one of those teams are playing well, maybe this will give the vikings a boost.
Moose
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:24 am

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104414919.html

Excerpt from this article. "The Packers could have used Lynch, a 24-year-old former Pro Bowl running back who was vouched for by quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his former college teammate at Cal. Lynch does have major character issues, but Rodgers didn't think it would be an issue."

I guess Ted doesn't like when Packers QB's put their two cents in the pot, does he. Yes, that's right it's "HIS" team.
Amasaman
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 am

Amasaman
All UP

Postby All-U.P.DreamTeam'86 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Things are only going to get worse for the Packers. Barnett and Chillar are out this week and possibly both lost for the season. After losing Burnett at safety, the Packers are woefully thin. Peprah is coming of a quad I think and Martin is just not as athletic as they would like. Now comes word today that Tauscher is injured and he also could be out for the year. Bulaga practiced in his spot today at right tackle.

Injuries continue to ravage this team and the fact that they don't have a running game spells doom. A once promising season is slowly slipping away and this is a team that is 3-1.

Now onto the Moss thing. Favre loves to throw deep and doesn't care who or how many guys are covering his WR. Moss is now that receiver. He maybe a little slower, but he is still one of the best if not the best deep ball receiver in the game. I was in Lambeau when Moss made his Monday night debut with the Vikings. It was one jump ball after another. I think he had like three TD's in that game. Maybe only two, but they couldn't stop him. The only way the Packers stop him now is with Matthews. He needs to get to the old man before he can launch those 60 yarders.
Go Trojans!!!
All-U.P.DreamTeam'86
All UP

Postby upfootball » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Barnett is done for the season again. Ouch!

I cant stand Ted Thompson. I would rate him as an average GM. He basically doesnt do free agency. His drafts are a little above average. The way he handles players is way below average. Compared to Matt Millen he is a genius. But then again who isn't?

Like Amasaman I love to root for Favre to make TT miserable. It also makes my day to see him make the Pack fans who turned on Favre miserable.

The only guy I feel bad for in all of this is Aaron Rodgers. Talk about falling in the middle of a bad situation.

I know a lot of my friends who are green and gold drunk. They actually thought GB was going to be 18-0 this season. I am not saying they couldnt win the Super Bowl if they got hot at the right time. They could. They still can. The league is at parity. I mean Kansas City is 4-0. Its anyones for the taking.
upfootball
Founder

Postby All-U.P.DreamTeam'86 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 pm

KC is only 3-0 had bye last week and take on the Colts this week I believe. So those '72 Dolphins are safe once again.

I guess Barnett is seeking a second opinion on the wrist. They haven't officially placed him on IR yet.

Moss practiced today with Favre and just so happens that Favre threw deep as far as he could and blew out his elbow. Meanwhile Moss tore his ACL trying to catch it. :roll: :wink:
Go Trojans!!!
All-U.P.DreamTeam'86
All UP

Postby Amasaman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:29 pm

All-U.P.DreamTeam'86 wrote:Moss practiced today with Favre and just so happens that Favre threw deep as far as he could and blew out his elbow. Meanwhile Moss tore his ACL trying to catch it. :roll: :wink:

No Mettlach dogs for you!!!
Amasaman
All UP

Postby miakurtzy07 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 pm

This has imploded already. As a Viking fan I can't say I'm surprised...he did this to us last time. But it certainly is disapointing. Anyone here have a rundown on the implications of waiving a player? Is this like releasing him or what?
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Rand ... ots-103110

It looks like the Vikings have quickly grown tired of Randy Moss. The wide receiver was waived Monday, according to a report by the NFL Network.
Minnesota acquired Moss from the New England Patriots for a third-round pick on Oct. 6. In four games, he caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two touchdown passes. He was set to become a free agent at the end of the season, but now he must clear waivers beefore he can sign with any team.
It appeared on Sunday that Moss hadn’t come to terms with divorce from the Patriots. The volatile wide receiver marked his return to Foxborough on Sunday with a bizarre post-game rant that roundly criticized his current coach, Brad Childress, and praised former boss Bill Belichick as the greatest coach in the history of the NFL.
“Coach Belichick gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special and that is something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team for the success that they have had before me, during me and after me,” Moss said.
Even more bizarre – during a five-minute speech following the Patriots’ 28-18 victory over the visiting Vikings that saw Brett Favre leave with a chin laceration, Moss told reporters he no longer will field questions from them after the NFL fined him $25,000 in Week 8 for not cooperating with the media.
Instead, Moss said he will now ask his own questions and answer them. Exclusively.
“Well, I am going to go ahead and start this thing off. I am going to go ahead and say this – I said this a couple of weeks ago – but I got fined $25,000 for not talking to you all. Me, personally, I really don’t care, but at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me $25,000 … I am not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year,” Moss said.
As for Childress, Moss took exception to the Vikings’ coaching staff not heeding his advice on how to handle the Patriots’ explosive offense.
“Like I said, it has been an emotional roller-coaster this whole week. I tried to prepare; tried to talk to the coaches and players about how this game was going to be played – a couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies there,” Moss said.
“But the bad part about it, you have six days to prepare for a team and on the seventh day, that’s Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, ‘Dang Moss, you were right about a couple plays and a couple schemes that they were going to run.’
“It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that is when they acknowledge the hard work you have put in all week. So that is a disappointment.”
Moss also was disappointed to see his Vikings thwarted on a fourth-and-goal try from one yard out at the end of the first half. New England stopped Adrian Peterson for a two-yard loss and Moss pined for a field goal try instead.
“I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half,” he said. “Maybe it could have been different, maybe not.”
And what about his former team? Moss spoke about how much he missed his Patriots teammates.
“The captains, (Vince) Wilfork, (Tom Brady), (Jerod) Mayo, Kevin Faulk, I miss those guys. I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It has been an up-and-down roller-coaster emotionally all week,” Moss said. “Then to be able to come in here and see those guys and running plays that I know what they’re doing.
“The success they had on the field — the running game — so I kind of know what type of feeling they have in their locker room and I just want to be able to tell the guys that I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.”
At the end, Moss delivered a salute to his former team.
“I don’t know how many more times I am going to be up here in New England,” Moss said, “but I am going to leave the New England Patriots and Coach Belichick here with a salute. I love you guys. I miss you. I’m out.”
miakurtzy07
All UP

Postby All-U.P.DreamTeam'86 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

24 hours for a team to claim him than he becomes a free agent. Team with the worst record gets him if more than one team files a claim. If a team does put in a claim for him and is awarded that claim, they pick up the remainder of his current contract. Moss does not have to go to the team that claims him, but would than have to sit out the rest of the year. I'm not sure if Minnesota would be on the hook for the remainder of the contract though.

Best day of the year so far for Packer fans. If only the Bears would've played and lost yesterday. :lol:
Go Trojans!!!
All-U.P.DreamTeam'86
All UP

Postby tbsgc2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Well, that worked out well. :lol:
tbsgc2
All UP

Next

Return to NFL Football