2010 Big Ten Bowls

A board dedicated to NCAA Division 1 Football.

Moderator: Moderator Group

2010 Big Ten Bowls

Postby upfootball » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I am pretty happy with Michigan getting a chance to go to the Gator Bowl. Playing the same time as Michigan State. Would have rather played Florida, but maybe getting a crack at a top 25 team is a better opportunity. This is the most important game in RR's career. He can either kick start things for next season with a huge win here or get himself fired for another poor performance in a big game. Either way after this game hopefully Michigan starts righting the ship.

Michigan State finishes 11-1 but cant get into the BCS pool. They didnt play Ohio State and that's what really did them in. Thankfully next season there are split Divisions and a Big Ten Championship game. Facing former coach Nick Saban who left MSU because he felt they would always play second fiddle to UofM in football is interesting. I think State actually matches up ok here. They face a running team instead of a passing team. They are much stronger against the run then the pass. I think Bama wins but State should be in this game.

Penn State is yet another Big Ten team playing at the same time as both Michigan schools. This isnt a very good Penn State team but they did get a good draw and are playing against a very down Florida team, so the Lions do have a solid shot here.

Ohio State going to the Sugar Bowl is no surprise. Playing former UofM QB Ryan Mallette and the high powered Arkansas offense is going to be intriguing. Can Tressell get the monkey off his back and beat an SEC team? His ugly vest has just been ugly against the SEC

Wisconsin to the Rose Bowl is no surprise. They beat a team that was number one in the nation this year. That can be a difference maker. It certainly was the case here. They better beat TCU and not embarras the Big Ten though.

Northwestern against Texas Tech. Does anyone really care?

Illinois is essentially playing a road game in the Texas bowl against Baylor.

Iowa beat the hell out of Michigan State but their tough schedule knocked them all the way down to the Insight bowl. Poor Hawkeyes.
upfootball
Founder

Re: 2010 Big Ten Bowls

Postby Chavez » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:33 pm

upfootball wrote:Wisconsin to the Rose Bowl is no surprise. They beat a team that was number one in the nation this year. That can be a difference maker. It certainly was the case here. They better beat TCU and not embarras the Big Ten though.

IMO if TCU can stop Wisconsin's running game, they DESERVE to win. That OL should be team MVP. The problem being that I think just about every team in the NCAA would have to sell out to stop the run, and then you're theoretically opening things up for the Unitas Award winner at QB throwing to a coupla NFL-caliber receivers (Kendricks and Toon).

I heard a guy on Chicago sportstalk complaining about the Bears line say "Jerry Angelo should just draft the University of Wisconsin offensive line, it would be an upgrade."
It takes 5 seconds - 5 seconds of decision; 5 seconds to realize your purpose here on the planet; it takes 5 seconds to realize that it's time to move, it's time to get down with it. I give you a testimonial - THE MC5!
Chavez
All UP

Return to NCAA College Football