NMU fball future

Dedicated to the smaller divisions of College Football.

Moderator: Moderator Group

NMU fball future

Postby rwfootball » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

So after a somewhat disappointing season where do we go from here? We still have alot of questions and holes to fill and I hope our new HC has some ideas on how to ofix these things. I know this past year he did a great job recruiting but I think he needs to go out there and try to get some JC guys or something because we need players now! We defiantly could have won some games we lost and there were plenty of bright spots throughout the season I just feel our offense needs some impact players, and our d just needs a few guys, but overall I think we can start to rebuild, just need the right players. I don't think were ready just yet to take over the conference but maybe in a few years we will be....
rwfootball
New to Board

Re: NMU fball future

Postby ecangits » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 am

rwfootball wrote:So after a somewhat disappointing season where do we go from here? We still have alot of questions and holes to fill and I hope our new HC has some ideas on how to ofix these things. I know this past year he did a great job recruiting but I think he needs to go out there and try to get some JC guys or something because we need players now! We defiantly could have won some games we lost and there were plenty of bright spots throughout the season I just feel our offense needs some impact players, and our d just needs a few guys, but overall I think we can start to rebuild, just need the right players. I don't think were ready just yet to take over the conference but maybe in a few years we will be....

Well it is about recruiting and this guy does not think that a player from the UP is worthy of playing Division II football. Really, look at his record at recruiting UP kids. Tech has made a successful program out of hard working and good character kids from the UP. The real problem with Ostrowsky is that he does not reward kids (especially the ones that he didn't recruit) for out working others. He has shown that he plays kids based on other criteria other than football ability. He QB this season was not ready and may never be ready to play at this level, but for some unknown reason (well, maybe it is obvious) he played him and got exactly what he deserved.....losses. This man has let some serious talent walk away from his program because he was not willing to let players that proved what they are made of, play. His job is to put his best players on the field, not let them walk away. An inside source said that a few other top players are going to say bye bye. He may start to win, but the program sure isn't going to be build on integrity and character. Just my opinion.
ecangits
UP Football Guru

Return to Division 2 and 3 College Football