Signing day

Dedicated to the smaller divisions of College Football.

Moderator: Moderator Group

Signing day

Postby mqtfalum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 am

Michigan Tech is graduating a very good U.P. class, Bjorn,Nancarrow,Shaver,LaChapelle,Blake,Potes,Bryne.
Shaver ( Menominee) Nancarrow (Marquette) LaChapelle ( Forest Park) Bjorne ( Calumet) Blake ( Bessemer ) all starters.
Who will they bring in from the U.P. this year. Tech does seem to just reload with U.P. Kids every year.
mqtfalum
Yooper Freak

Re: Signing day

Postby Hambone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Here's a link to MTU's recruiting day...looks like nine players from the UP.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/spor ... 0206hx9e8w
Hambone

Postby Hambone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Here's NMU's class for 2013, once again they avoided UP kids only signing two!

http://www.nmu.edu/sports/node/3?team=4 ... play=short
Hambone

Postby old25 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

I like Tech's class, they really addressed the needs of the team. As for their little brothers over at Northern, what part of UP recruits don't they like. I haven't been able to understand this for several years now. Yoopers have been either an offensive or defensive MVP at Tech for at least 4 of the last 5 years and it's not just one or two individuals, there are usually 4-6 starters on each side of the ball from the UP.
old25
UP Football Guru

Postby Yooperfan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Tech once again dominates the UP recruiting. Wasn't last years score 41-17? Maybe Northern should take note.
Yooperfan
UP Football Guru

Postby ecangits » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 am

Ostrowsky at NMU just won't learn. He does not think that a UP kid can do anything for him. He lets kids continue to walk away and some others would if they did not need the money that they are getting. He does not treat kids properly and has established himself as a person that does not deserve respect. Misleads kids and does not reward players. Look at Cody, he would have never played QB. Ostrowsky thought that his first recruit was the guy and would have played him through 6 more losses. I don't think that he has the ability to recruit players to come to NMU. UP kids want to play and UP kids can play. Mortensen from St. Ignace still stands out as one of his biggest railroad jobs. I believe that Ostrowsky has only signed 3 UP kids in his two years.
ecangits
UP Football Guru

Postby mqtfalum » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 am

Signing day today?
mqtfalum
Yooper Freak

Return to Division 2 and 3 College Football