2017 BAC ALL CONFERENCE

8 Man league featuring Bellaire, Brimley, Cedarville, Charlton Heston Academy, Engadine, Onaway, Pellston, Pickford, Posen, and Rudyard.

Moderator: Moderator Group

2017 BAC ALL CONFERENCE

Postby upfootball » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:14 am

If anyone has more info on the All Conference teams that would be great. The paper I got this from omitted lots of key information and actually forgot mention 3 of the players years they graduate..

Heights and weights are usually given to the media, but sometimes the person writing the article just doesn't include them for whatever reason.

http://www.up-football.com/allconf/bac/2017.html
upfootball
Founder

Re: 2017 BAC ALL CONFERENCE

Postby Mr. NCAA » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 pm

First, thanks for the list as I like to do the All Conference teams for all the 8 man football conferences. After I get it typed up, I will check on players grades as I like that info as well. I am sort of spent out from doing searches on my two all conference links that I posted on Searn's forum. Basically I am busy updating files besides doing this. That is another reason why my hands are getting tired.

Josiah Crawford Pellston 12th grade = on my search which showed up on Maxpreps despite not having a player roster this year
Levim Romel Posen 12th grade = was All Conference on offense last year
Matt Warner Rudyard 12th grade = on Maxpreps Rudyard player roster

Questions back for you - wasn't there a second team and honorable mention lists as the BAC did those before?
Last edited by Mr. NCAA on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby upfootball » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 am

upfootball
Founder

Postby Mr. NCAA » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks for the link and the second team. I will have to see if there was an HM list on the link later as I just glanced at the article as I have more projects to update.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Postby Hambone » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:16 am

I really tried, but can't leave this alone! Mr. NCAA, what exactly do you mean by "checking grades" ?
Hambone

Postby WolverinesFootball » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:40 pm

He means what grade the player is in. A lot of rosters aren't online and a lot of press don't publish the grade they're in with the all-conference lists.
WolverinesFootball
UP Fan

Postby Hambone » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Really? They post All conference lists without putting the class the kid is in? Sound like the papers need to do a better job!
Hambone

Postby upfootball » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Hambone wrote:Really? They post All conference lists without putting the class the kid is in? Sound like the papers need to do a better job!

We have some reporters who do a really nice job with the lists (Mining Gazette, Daily News, etc). I do believe all the Conferences give all the info to the papers. Some of them get really lazy with their articles don't publish the complete list. This has frustrated me to the point where I just quit updated the All Conference teams the last 3-4 years because of it.
upfootball
Founder

Postby Mr. NCAA » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:45 am

I really tried, but can't leave this alone! Mr. NCAA, what exactly do you mean by "checking grades" ?

Thanks to other people for telling Hambone about checking grades. What I mean is that if the team doesn't have a player roster or the player isn't listed on Maxpreps, I do searches in an attempt to find out what grade the player is in. This isn't always easy in the case of some of the players and schools and in fact missing a few players grades over the years for the conferences that I have. At least this year there appears to be 19 teams with no player rosters on Maxpreps and I not 100% positive on this but there might have been a player or two that I had to "look" up that wasn't on the roster or years before on Maxpreps when the team had a player roster on there.

For Hambone upfootball was missing 3 players grades on his link on thread 1 so I posted what grade the player is in based on the information that I gathered and posted on thread 2 and even told the source of my information.

I did see that the link does have a BAC HM list, but no position for the players and only covered the UP teams.

Just a reminder to upfootball that I found your 3 missing players grades so you can update the link on thread 1 plus if you want the All Conference spreadsheets, give me an email and I can email you what I have for the years, but I am missing some conferences for some years and missing some grades on some players.

I was thinking about going to the Lansing State Library one time and try to find some of my missing information over the years since I have typed that up in a word processor file so I know what to look for in case I ever decide to go up there again.
Mr. NCAA
Visiting Guru

Return to Bridge Alliance